Tuesday, May 18

Girls Weekend

I was a lucky girl this weekend. Atlanta... three days... girls only... fantastic food... the best conversation... lovely boutiques and my favorite fabric shop. I couldn't have asked for a better time.

Have you been to The Flying Biscuit Cafe? Yum!! I had the Chicken Club Wrap and a side of Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. Both amazingly delicious and so fresh. I got to sample their famous biscuit topped with a sugary coating and smothered in creamy melt in your mouth cranberry apple butter sweetness!!
The BeeHive Co-op. I accidentally stumbled upon this shop online and knew I had to check it out in person. Wow! What a place. The BeeHive showcases products designed/handmade by passionate entrepreneurs in the creative world looking for ways to expand their business. I was excited to see familiar names from Etsy showcase their wares. I left not only with a bag full of goodies... but a drive to work harder on my own crafty projects. Inspired!! Will share my bag full of goodies with you soon!
The highlight of my trip... Whipstitch.
The most lovely fabric shop I've ever been to. I was grinning ear to ear the entire two hours we were there and came out with a bag full of cotton bliss. I easily could have taken a yard or two of every pattern. The lounge is lovely with a retro seating area and lots of patterns and books to look thru.
I wished to live closer so that I could take a class or two or three. Everyone was so warm and inviting. I was without a doubt in fabric Heaven.
Sew on and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment