I did a lot of laboring this Labor Day weekend... lots of yard work, laundry and chores. We've added one more item to our to-do list and that's to sell our lovely little home. Sometimes whether we like it or not, its just time to move on... so that's what we're doing. While knee deep in dirt and mulch I came to realize that our house was built on an ant mound and may possibly leave us before we leave it. I have never in my life seen so many bright red marching ants. Thinking of it now makes me itch, so I'll stop.
Having my husband home for three full days means that one of those days I (alone) get to leave the house. (fist pump, Yes!) So, I enjoyed a girly evening at the movies and dinner. Eat. Pray. Love. Have you seen it? Well, if you haven't, you should... it was fabulous. Julia Roberts is so bright and shiny... I just love her. The movie brought more tears to my eyes than I had expected... it touched my soul, cleared my mind and left me wanting to have a relationship with my pizza. Oh, and hello... why am I not traveling to these exotic locations... A M A Z I N G!
Our weekend ended with a late afternoon trip to the beach.... Molly was super excited, put on her bathing suite, packed her bucket full of shovels. I grabbed the quilt and a few snacks, made sure my camera was charged and off we went.... until this stopped us. A gnarly swirly wall of darkness between us and the beautiful sandy beaches. Though it bummed out our beach afternoon (and a two year old waiting patiently in the back seat), it was fun to watch and take pictures of. Crazy how the sky can turn so mean so quick.

No comments:
Post a Comment