The last week of July we celebrated my mom's birthday at the beach. It was wonderful. The sun was hot, the air was salty and the waves brought in many beautiful shells to collect. I could have easily stayed there forever. This particular birthday was very special for my mom... her year has been filled with doctor's appointments, surgeries and cancer treatments. So celebrating with family was a blessing.
While looking for a special birthday gift to make, I ran across this darling quilt "recipe" at the Moda Bake Shop. With about 3 weeks to whip it up... I drew up my plans (adjusting the recipe to make it my own), exchanged a few convos with the designer (who was lovely), bought my supplies and started piecing everything together. And this is what I created... a very bright, very happy quilt!
I chose soft light weight polka dot fabrics for the background and fat quarters for the hearts.
My mom loves her new quilt and I was absolutely thrilled to watch her open it. No matter what each day brings, she can wrap herself up and know she is so very loved.
p.s. I am completely excited about quilting!




That is a beautiful quilt and a lovely gift for your mom!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jenny!
ReplyDeleteOh it's so cute! I love the modifications you made to the pattern and that you gave it to your mother. It turned out wonderful! I would love to put it on my blog and send you my next pattern as a thank you/prize(a while ago, I announced that the first 3 people to email me with photos of their Gigi's Thimble projects would get my next pattern. It should be ready in about a week.) Just email me your address if you'd like me to send it to you! Again, your quilt looks so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful and such a special gift that will be treasured forever!
ReplyDelete