My sweet little niece celebrated her first birthday over the weekend.
Happy Birthday Miss Falon.
And, since I took the Handmade Pledge this year and am doing my best to either buy
or make handmade, I thought a quilt would be the perfect gift for little Falon
and the perfect new challenge for me.
I fell in love with making quilts over the summer when I tackled my first project.
And the perfect place to start with fantastic ideas and patterns is the Moda Bake Shop.
So, I headed back there once again.
With my fabric picked out (which, by the way, took 2 hours... I can never decide with all the pretty fabrics calling my name), bobbins fully threaded, and a couple of quiet afternoons while the little one napped, I came up with this...
How cute are these little birds!
A little love from Auntie Amber on the back.
You can find this recipe at the Moda Bake Shop, designed by Melissa. The fabric collection I chose is by MoMo called "It's a Hoot" for Moda paired with misc fabric patterns I picked up. The instructions for the quilt are very easy to follow and can also be easily adjusted. Mine is slightly larger to accommodate a growing toddler.
So much fun to create!!
And this is what you do when the only wrapping paper you have is from Christmas.
You turn it over and hand your kid a marker!
Happy Birthday my sweet niece...
I loved watching you devour your mini birthday cake.






ooooh this is wonderful!!! you are seriously SO inspirational girl :-)
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! This is beautiful! She will treasure it for the rest of her life. What a thoughtful auntie you are. :)
ReplyDeleteThis turned out so beautifully! I love the fabric choices and the bird near the name!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing !!
Melissa
Thanks Melissa. So happy I found your pattern!! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, the quilt is adorable! I am obsessed with the fabrics you paired together. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThanks Haylee! You can't go wrong with Moda fabrics :)
ReplyDelete