Thursday, June 3

Cozy Laptop

Last month I ran across this amazing fabric at my favorite sewing lounge, Whipstitch. (The most wonderful place!!) The next sewing project on my list was a cozy sleeve to protect my laptop from scratches... or wandering crayons attached to little toddler hands. These two patterns caught my eye, I knew they'd both be perfect for the job.
Ta-Dah!! The pattern came from One-Yard Wonders and was fairly easy to stitch together. Even for a newbie like myself. I had a little trouble quilting it together, the fabric starting to shift slightly as each line was made. Still need a little practice on that one.
As you can see I securely attached the velcro. I figured I might as well try out a few new stitches on my machine that hadn't been used before. Velcro has the right to look a little spiffy too.
Overall, I'm quite pleased. Just looking at the retro coffee cup pattern puts a smile on my face... and craving in my tummy. Blogging and coffee... a lovely combination!! 

7 comments:

  1. no way! I just made a laptop bag for my macbook pro too! But it was a nightmare project. That looks like a much easier way to go. Guess I'll be checking out One Yard Wonders. Yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Thanks for linking to this blog, Dana! My only regret is that now I have to add another blog to my reader. Amber, this is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making my sister a Kindle case using this exact pattern, and since I am a total wuss when it comes to machine quilting (still getting my courage up, so I hand quilted with embroidery thread around the pattern in the material I used. I LOVE the fabric you used (I am super partial to red and aqua, they're my wedding colors), and those coffee cups are just perfect with the polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the coffee buzz fabric too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love this so much! Great job and super cool fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks awesome! i like the fabric a lot too. i was thinking about making a mini version of this for my itouch, hope it works! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bag! Trying to get back into sewing myself. You've inspired me! :)

    ReplyDelete