Friday, June 4

Treasure Hunting

This afternoon I noticed an estate sale in one of the homes in our neighborhood. I've never been to one before and was a little hesitant. Hmm... do I just open the door and walk right on in... and then once I'm in do I wander from room to room looking through someone else's things?? Yes and Yes. The door was unlocked... a quick tap on the screen and in I went. Now the exciting part... have you ever wanted to snoop through someones stuff?? This is your chance! It was exciting to walk into each room wondering what treasures I would stumble upon. The homeowner was a sweet little old lady named Alice and she was getting rid of everything imaginable. I was hoping to find a little something old that I could add onto a project.... and I did!

Find No.1
Embroidered Valance. Loved the little yellow flowers! Cost 50 cents.
Find No.2
Vintage CorningWare. Hmm... apple cobbler all to myself?? This set of bakeware was a great find for our small family. It only holds 1 3/4 cup. Perfect for individual casseroles or that yummy cobbler I was mentioning. This cornflower pattern reminds me of my grandmother's house. Cost $2 for the set.
Now I'm hooked. Anyone up for treasure hunting?

1 comment:

  1. I recently found a big ol' stack of those Corning Ware dishes at the local thrift. I totally love them and find they are the perfect thing for dishing up food to my 21month old (they were .25 each so if he breaks them I won't be too sad)

    (found you via MADE)

    ReplyDelete