I was thrilled to make my way to Atlanta this weekend for a mystery workshop at Whipstitch in mid-town Atlanta given by one of my most favorite crafty bloggers, Dana from MADE. How exciting!! I have to admit, butterflies swarmed in my tummy as I parked my car but soon disappeared. Dana was so warm and inviting... exactly what I had imagined.
The workshop was nice and cozy... only 10 of us. We were given a bag of goodies, a pile of thrifted t-shirts to grab from and 2 hours to be creative. The pressure was on!! As the clock quickly ticked away, my mind changed a few times (as it tends to do) until I settled on a simple summery knit dress refashioned from a men's t-shirt. This may be the brightest dress in Molly's closet... I wanna make more!
It was such a treat to be in the same company of so many creative women. The workshop to me felt more like a quaint sewing circle... sharing bits of inspiration with each other. What a special weekend it was!
.jpg)
.jpg)



It so much fun to meet you. I was glad you stuck around after and we got to chat photography stuff. I only wish we lived closer to each other!
ReplyDeleteThe dress is darling. Orange is a WINNER!
Oh, I love that little dress! I'm so glad you posted it because I didn't see it at the shop. Great job! Very cute. I wish I'd gotten to talk to others more, including you. I was just so into what I was doing and was enjoying the buzz around me. Need an all dayer, don't we?
ReplyDeleteit was so nice to meet you too! i love your blog and you do fabulous sewing!! please keep in touch!
ReplyDeletetiffany {Simply Modern Mom}
Hi Amber! Molly's dress turned out so cute! She is a doll! I really like that photo on your blog of her under the sheets, I think?
ReplyDeleteI'm following your blog now! Come on by and check out my new preschoolers series and tell me what you think!
Have a great day!
Thanks Jenny... yes, Molly loves throwing the sheets over her head (silly!). Ooh, Preschoolers Series... I'll be there!
ReplyDelete